Saturday, December 3, 2016

Maple Sugar Cookies

Hey, been awhile :)

Anyhoo so school has begun again and that means that my free time has been greatly diminished, we will be having a memorial service if anyone would like to join, nonetheless I'm still trying to bake as much as possible.

A few days ago I made some very drunk, but very delicious brownies.  They really weren't all that special pretty much followed the directions on the box and then added some crushed up oreos on top- but to me and my drunk roommates they were delicious!!!

More recently I made some maple sugar cookies, adding on a simple cream cheese frosting (because it's official I am in LOVE with cream cheese frosting- and it will probably be the death of me via heart attack).  It all started due to some very stressful academic situations- I then decided that baking was the only real solution to such anxiety.  I went and picked up the most basic ingredients for sugar cookies- so pretty much some eggs, butter, and a betty crocker mix.  Sad but true.  Desperate times come for desperate measures (did I mention that like every other college student I'm borderline broke at all times-- I hope that acts as some sort of explanation).


 

But like always I didn't stick to the box rules.  I threw in some good ol' fashioned VT Maple syrup and some extra vanilla extract (because in my opinion they never have enough and the cookies don't really taste like anything often).  Also just a PINCH of salt- if you put in too much you may as well throw out the cookies now because salt is so overpowering that you only really need a tiny tiny bit to make a difference.  Also it's really not that good for you and you're already making cookies, so calm down.

 

From there I followed the regular cookie making format.  Roll up the dough, plop it on the already greased up pan, and then indent each cookie dough sphere with a fork to flatten it out a bit.
 
Throw each batch in the oven for 7-10 minutes and you've got the maple sugar cookies down.

 

For my cream cheese frosting I honestly just winged it.  I threw together about 14oz of plain cream cheese, purchased at the small market conveniently located a block away from my house, about two cups of sugar, a teaspoon and some of vanilla extract, a dash of milk, and just a hint of melted butter (but not too much).  Then I mixed them all together until smooth and delicious.

We weren't even drunk and they were pretty tasty!!!  Super easy, if I can do it anyone can!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment