Saturday, January 14, 2017

Grief Cupcakes 101

So recently my roommates rabbit, to whom I had grown quite attached, passed away and coming home to a bunny-less house was definitely a little more than upsetting.  Our living room felt empty and all I could think about was Nugget's little face and all the funny things she used to do.  However because feelings are the worst I tried to shove these ones down as far as they could possibly go.  I didn't hang out in the living room the first night instead I spent most of it in the kitchen furiously baking cupcakes: grief cupcakes.  Because for me baking and pink wine are crucial stages of mourning. 
 
I made a simple recipe, just a classic vanilla cupcake with a (rather delicious if I do say so myself) cream cheese frosting.  To spice things up my roommate kindly donated some green food coloring- that way I could tell everyone that the frosting was made of boogers :) 
 
While I'm still sad about losing an important member of my family, Nugget had a great life and she is probably hopping around and loving bunny heaven.  I'll love you forever Nugget, you were the absolute best bunny anyone could have and I'll always carry you in my heart.  These cupcakes were for you- I'm sure you'd love to munch :)  Much love little bun :)
 
 
 
(shout out to my roomie Sparoh for making sure to point out all the cupcakes)
 
 
 
 
 
I love you Nugget, miss ya face lil bun
 

No comments:

Post a Comment